Dicyclopentadiene(DCPC for short) is a dimer of cyclopentadiene. By first heating, cyclopentadiene is copolymerized into dicyclopentadiene, and dicyclopentadiene Chemicalbook is separated from other light components (boiling point <45°C) by distillation, and then other required dienes are separated by solvent extraction, Monoolefin and saturated hydrocarbon components. High-purity dicyclopentadiene is a colorless crystal at room temperature. When it contains impurities, it is a light yellow oily liquid with a pungent camphor smell. It is insoluble in water and soluble in organic solvents such as alcohol and ether.
1. Dicyclopentadiene can be used as the third component of ethylene-propylene binary copolymer (EPDM);
2. Dicyclopentadiene can be used as a raw material for the synthesis of ethylidene norbornene (ENB);
3. Dicyclopentadiene reacts with maleic anhydride to obtain norbornene dianhydride, which is used as a raw material for epoxy resin curing agent, polyester resin, alkyd resin and insecticide;
4. Hexachloride of cyclopentadiene - hexachlorocyclopentadiene, hydrogenated phthalic anhydride of hexachloride endomethylene obtained by reacting with maleic anhydride, used as a flame retardant for synthetic resins;
5. Dicyclopentadiene can be used in the modification of tung oil, linseed oil, soybean oil, fish oil, etc., which can speed up drying and improve water and alkali resistance;
6. Dicyclopentadiene resin can be used as rubber adhesive, pressure-sensitive adhesive, hot-melt adhesive, ink, coating, etc.;
7. Dicyclopentadiene oxide can be used as injection molding and lamination molding resin;
8. Cyclopentene obtained by partial hydrogenation of cyclopentadiene is repolymerized to obtain 1,5-trans-polycyclopentene;
9. Cyclopentadiene is the raw material for the production of aldrin and dildrin pesticides;
10. Cyclopentadiene is also used in drug synthesis, such as methyl α-cyclopentadienyl mandelate, the intermediate of Wei Changle.
11. After hydrogenation, it can be used as high-energy fuel.
The above is the introduction of the use of dicyclopentadiene. If you are interested in dicyclopentadiene, please come to consult.